SENIOR ANIMAL HEALTH TECHNICIAN M000405
23 December 2021
Industry: Education & Training
Job category: University and Academy
Location: Mafikeng - Capital City
Remuneration: Market Related
EE position: No
NORTH-WEST UNIVERSITY MAHIKENG FACULTY/ DIVISION: FNAS POSITION NUMBER: M000405 POSITION NAME: SENIOR ANIMAL HEALTH TECHNICIAN VACANCY: 1 PEROMNES GRADE: P 10 EMPLOYMENT TYPE: PERMANENT
- Management and organisation of the Anatomy and pathology sections
- Conduct and coordinate post-mortems
- Assist with students’ training in collaboration with the lecturer in charge
- Assist with Administration and reporting monthly and yearly
- Assist with the Occupational Health and Safety (OHS) matters
KEY FUNCTIONAL/ TECHNICAL COMPETENCIES:
- Animal Health technician with advanced knowledge of veterinary pharmacology, and consumables for the veterinary Hospital
- Ability to prepare monthly, yearly inventory and reporting
- Knowledge and understanding and application of the Animal Disease Act 35 of 1984; Veterinary And Para-Veterinary Act 19 Of 1982; Fertilizers, Farm Feeds, Agricultural Remedies And Stock Remedies Act 36 Of 1947; Foodstuffs, Comestics And Disinfectant Act 54 Of 1972; Stock Theft Act 57 Of 1959
- Implementation of Occupational health and safety and biosecurity requirements for Animal Health environment
- Animal Health technician with knowledge ordering processes of consumables for the veterinary Hospital
- Assist in companion Animal Clinic
KEY BEHAVIOURAL COMPETENCIES:
- People management
- Minimum Degree NQF Level 8 as Animal Health Technician, specialising in pharmacology of Production and companion Animal is essential
- Postgraduate (MSc) in Agriculture Animal Health at NQF Level 9, specialising in Production and companion Animal is desirable.
- Registration with SAVC is essential
- Membership registration with SAVC is essential
- 1 (one) or more year’s knowledge and experience with clinics with high level of involvement is essential
The annual total remuneration package will be commensurate with the level of appointment as advertised and in line with the NWU policy guidelines.
ENQUIRIES REGARDING JOB CONTENT MAY BE DIRECTED TO: Prof Mulunda Mwanza 018 3892700
ENQUIRIES REGARDING RECRUITMENT PROCESS MAY BE DIRECTED TO Innocentia Mphuthi 018 389 2457
CLOSING DATE: 23 December 2021
PLANNED COMMENCEMENT OF DUTIES: 01 January 2022
Kindly take note: applications must be submitted online through the official nwu vacancy website.
Incomplete applications and those submitted through any other platform will not be considered.
The University subscribes to and applies the principles of Employment Equity (EE) Act and is committed to transformation. Preference will be given to candidates from the designated groups, in accordance with the principles of the EE Act and NWU Employment Equity Plan.