- A PhD Mathematics Education (NQF 10)
- A BSC Degree with mathematics as a major subject up to university level 3 (NQF 7)
- A minimum of 5 years’ experience in teaching in relevant field in higher education
- Be an author/co-author of at least 5-10 research articles in accredited journals since 2016.
- Completed supervision of at least 5 master’s and doctoral students.
- A post graduate qualification with specialization in mathematics (NQF 8)
- Registration with SACE
- Leader of funded research projects.
- Involvement in NRF – funded research projects.
- Have a proven publication record for over 5 years.
- Have a proven record of presenting and attending relevant national and international conferences.
KEY FUNCTIONAL & TECHNICAL COMPETENCIES:
- Have research skills, interpersonal skills/communication, and computer literacy.
KEY BEHAVIOURAL COMPETENCIES:
- Team worker.
- Good interpersonal relations.
The annual total remuneration package will be commensurate with the level of appointment as advertised and in line with the NWU policy guidelines.
ENQUIRIES REGARDING JOB CONTENT MAY BE DIRECTED TO: Dr Tshele Moloi 018 299 1906
ENQUIRIES REGARDING RECRUITMENT PROCESS MAY BE DIRECTED TO: Ms Melissa Freeman on 018 299 4811
CLOSING DATE: 18 October 2023
PLANNED COMMENCEMENT OF DUTIES: As soon as possible
Kindly take note: applications must be submitted online through the official NWU vacancy website.
Incomplete applications and those submitted through any other platform will not be considered.
The University subscribes to and applies the principles of Employment Equity (EE) Act and is committed to transformation. Preference will be given to candidates from the designated groups, in accordance with the principles of the EE Act and NWU Employment Equity Plan.
The University reserves the right not to make an appointment. Communication will be limited to shortlisted candidates only.
If you are not contacted within two months from the closing date of this advertisement, please accept that your application was unsuccessful.