- A PhD in the relevant discipline (Educational Research for Social Transformation; HIV and AIDS in Education, Action Research (all genres) for Educational Transformation, Wellness of School Communities (NQF 10)
- A minimum of 6 years’ relevant experience in higher education.
- Author/co-author of a significant number of research articles in accredited journals since.
- Extensive experience in supervision of master’s and doctoral students.
ADDED ADVANTAGE & PREFERENCES:
- NRF rated researcher.
- Membership of appropriate academic and professional networks.
- Professional registration where applicable.
- Appropriate academic and professional networks.
- Leader of funded research projects
- Author/co-author of at least 10 research articles in accredited journals since 2016.
- Proven teaching experience in research methodology.
- Involvement in NRF – funded research projects.
FUNCTIONAL / TECHNICAL COMPETENCIES (KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS)
- Have a proven publication record – especially over the last 5 years.
- Have a proven record of presenting/attending relevant national and international conferences.
The annual total remuneration package will be commensurate with the level of appointment as advertised and in line with the NWU policy guidelines.
ENQUIRIES REGARDING JOB CONTENT MAY BE DIRECTED TO: Prof Washington Dudu on 018 389 2340
ENQUIRIES REGARDING RECRUITMENT PROCESS MAY BE DIRECTED TO: Ms Melissa Freeman on 018 299 4811
CLOSING DATE: 21 September 2023
PLANNED COMMENCEMENT OF DUTIES: As soon as possible
Kindly take note: applications must be submitted online through the official nwu vacancy website.
Incomplete applications and those submitted through any other platform will not be considered.
The University subscribes to and applies the principles of Employment Equity (EE) Act and is committed to transformation. Preference will be given to candidates from the designated groups, in accordance with the principles of the EE Act and NWU Employment Equity Plan.
The University reserves the right not to make an appointment. Communication will be limited to shortlisted candidates only.
If you are not contacted within two months from the closing date of this advertisement, please accept that your application was unsuccessful