MULTIMEDIA DEVELOPER N001500
Listing reference: nwu_001559
Listing status: Online
Apply by: 27 March 2023
Industry: Education & Training
Job category: Office Support
Location: Southern Africa
Remuneration: Market Related
EE position: Yes
NORTH-WEST UNIVERSITY (POTCHEFSTROOM CAMPUS) FACULTY/ DIVISION: CENTRE FOR TEACHING AND LEARNING POSITION NUMBER: N001500 VACANCY: MULTIMEDIA DEVELOPER PEROMNES GRADE: P10 EMPLOYMENT TYPE: PERMANENT APPOINTMENT
PURPOSE OF THE POSITION:
· These are specialist positions which encompass specialist in the field such as video and sound productions. These specialists work in close collaboration with the Instructional Designers and Multimedia Developers to design and development digital study material and other educational artefacts.
· Video production specialists are responsible for the video studio and specialist equipment used to design and develop the video productions used in teaching and training at the North-West University
· These specialists are responsible for the total production process from conception to final delivery, or parts of the production process as delegated by the Senior Multimedia Designer - Video
1. Multimedia Design:
· Apply key concepts, techniques, theories and principles related to video
· Identify and solve technical challenges for production of various types of instructional products
· Provide user-centred design expertise from concept to delivery
· Adhere to regulatory guidelines and organizational policies
2. Planning and Analysis:
· Collaborate with the Instructional Designers when design and developing instructional/learning materials for multi-modal/blended learning
· Work closely with the stakeholders to ensure continuation of a stable production environment
· Translate storyboard requirements into scripts for video/audio
· Do production planning for products to be designed, developed, and evaluated
3. Design and Development:
· Apply a design and development process appropriate for a given project
· Identify design principles that align with instructional goals and anticipated learning outcomes
· Assists in the maintenance and set-up of the video and sound studio
· Production assistant during studio and out of studio video productions in terms of videography assistance
· Production assistant during studio voice recordings
· Edit video and audio recordings for instructional materials in a variety of delivery formats
· Collaborate with production specialists and subject matter experts
4. Implementation and Evaluation:
· Conduct usability testing on the produced media
· Optimize products for distribution
5. Ad Hoc Tasks and Personal Development:
· Work in cross functional teams.
· Complete ad hoc tasks as handed down by line manager.
· Keep up to date regarding new software, new design techniques and theory
· BA / BTech in Video Technology
· 3 years’ experience in MS Office (Word, Excel and PowerPoint on an advanced level)
· 3 years’ proficient in graphic design software (Adobe Photoshop, Adobe InDesign and Adobe Illustrator)
· 3 years’ experience in excellent administrative, managerial and project management skills
· 3 years’ experience of proficient with video and sound editing software (Adobe Premiere Pro, Adobe After Effects and Final Cut Pro)
· 3 years’ knowledge and experience with professional video and sound recording equipment and video production studio equipment and lighting.
KEY FUNCTIONAL/ TECHNICAL COMPETENCIES:
· Computer literate
· Skilled in the Microsoft Office Suite
· Good Record keeping skills
· Knowledge of principles for providing proper customer services
· Accuracy and attention to detail to deliver accurate products conforming to applicable quality standards
· Experience with professional video and sound recording equipment and video production studio equipment and lighting.
KEY BEHAVIOURAL COMPETENCIES:
· The ability to work in a team, to receive various sources of feedback for the continuous improvement of multimedia products
· Good organisational and time-management abilities
· Must be able to follow instructions and learn new skills
The annual total remuneration package will be commensurate with the level of appointment as advertised and in line with the NWU policy guidelines.
ENQUIRIES REGARDING JOB CONTENT MAY BE DIRECTED TO: Miss Liana Venter Tel: 018 299 1865
ENQUIRIES REGARDING RECRUITMENT PROCESS MAY BE DIRECTED TO: Miss Dolly Lebepe Tel: 018 299 4936
CLOSING DATE: 27 March 2023
PLANNED COMMENCEMENT OF DUTIES: TBC
Kindly take note: applications must be submitted online through the official nwu vacancy website.
Incomplete applications and those submitted through any other platform will not be considered.
The University subscribes to and applies the principles of Employment Equity (EE) Act and is committed to transformation. Preference will be given to candidates from the designated groups, in accordance with the principles of the EE Act and NWU Employment Equity Plan.
The University reserves the right not to make an appointment. Communication will be limited to shortlisted candidates only.
If you are not contacted within two months from the closing date of this advertisement, please accept that your application was unsuccessful.