· Relevant PhD degree obtained within five years before the appointment as a postdoctoral fellow.
Several post-doctoral fellow positions are available within the Centre of Excellence in Carbon-based-Fuels in the research area of waste valorisation. The prospective candidates must be able to independently conduct research, document and publish within the SARChI chair research programme. Our team is seeking talented individuals who possess a strong background in chemistry, engineering, or a related field, and have experience in conducting research and guiding post graduate students on the conversion of waste materials into valuable products. As a postdoctoral research fellow with our team, you will have the opportunity to contribute to the development of novel technologies and processes for the valorisation of discarded coal, biomass, and waste plastic, with the goal of creating sustainable and economically viable solutions to address our planet's waste and energy challenges. The candidates should be able to demonstrate knowledge or sufficient experience by publication in the following:
● Development of Bio-fire retardants: Phosphorylated lignin intumescent bio-flame retardants from biopolymers.
● Development of Biofuels, Jet Fuels and Value Products from Microalgal Technology in South Africa.
● Monomer recovery from waste plastic
● Adsorption of mercury by activated carbons derived from waste corn cobs / plastic / coal fines
● Evaluation of purified sodium lignosulphonate as hard carbon source to produce anodes for lithium-ion batteries
ENQUIRIES REGARDING JOB CONTENT MAY BE DIRECTED TO:
SARChI chair – email@example.com
ENQUIRIES REGARDING RECRUITMENT PROCESS MAY BE DIRECTED TO:
Mrs Fadilha Minty 018 285 2120
CLOSING DATE: 30 September 2023
COMMENCEMENT OF DUTIES As soon as possible
Kindly take note: applications may only be submitted online through the official NWU vacancy website.
Incomplete applications and those submitted through any other platform will not be considered.
The University subscribes to and applies the principles of the Employment Equity Act and is committed to transformation. Preference will be given to candidates from the designated groups, in accordance with the principles of the aforementioned Act and NWU Employment Equity Plan.
The University reserves the right not to make an appointment. If you are not contacted within two months from the closing date of this advertisement, please accept that your application was unsuccessful. Communication will be limited to shortlisted candidates only