Listing reference: nwu_001556
Listing status: Online
Apply by: 24 March 2023
Industry: Education & Training
Job category: University and Academy
Remuneration: The annual total remuneration package will be commensurate with the level of appointment as advertised and in line with the NWU policy guidelines.
EE position: No
NORTH-WEST UNIVERSITY (MAHIKENG CAMPUS) FACULTY OF HEALTH SCIENCES SCHOOL OF PSYCHOSOCIAL HEALTH POSITION NUMBER: M000684 VACANCY: LECTURER PEROMNES: A8 EMPLOYMENT TYPE: PERMANENT
PURPOSE OF THE POSITION
Appointing a Lecturer to contribute towards undergraduate and post graduate teaching, supervision of students and research supervision of post graduate students in the subject group Psychology.
- Engaged teaching and learning on both under- and post graduate levels.
- Develop study material.
- Facilitate contact sessions.
- Internal and external moderation, and assessment.
- Engaged research.
- Supervision of post graduate students.
- Internal and external examination of post graduate research dissertations and/or theses.
- Participation in the applicable research entity and publication of scholarly articles.
- Independent research and sharing of expertise with diverse communities of practice and enquiry.
- A Masters’ degree in Psychology (NQF level 9).
- A minimum of two (2) years’ generic theoretical and practice experience in the field of psychology.
- A minimum of one (1) year experience in teaching university students on under and/or post graduate levels.
- Registration with the HPCSA as a Clinical or Counselling or Research Psychologist.
- A PhD in Psychology (NQF level 10) is desirable.
- A minimum of two (2) years' independent research (evidence) is desirable.
KEY FUNCTIONAL/ TECHNICAL COMPETENCIES:
- Ability and experience to work from an evidence-based approach in psychology.
- Excellent communication skills (verbally and written).
- Demonstration of language proficiency to function optimally in the various multilingual environments of the NWU.
- Computer literacy (Microsoft Office, emails, software for data analysis).
KEY BEHAVIOURAL COMPETENCIES:
- Ability to use e-media for teaching, studying and communication.
- The ability to work well independently as well as in a team.
- Good time management.
- Ability to work well under pressure.
The annual total remuneration package will be commensurate with the level of appointment as advertised and in line with the NWU policy guidelines.
ENQUIRIES REGADING JOB CONTENT MAY BE DIRECTED TO: Prof Elizabeth Smit, 018 389 2459
ENQUIRIES REGARDING RECRUITMENT PROCESS MAY BE DIRECTED TO: Ms Mpho Langa, 018 299 2107
CLOSING DATE: 24 March 2023
COMMENCEMENT OF DUTIES: As soon as possible
Kindly take note: applications may only be submitted online through the official NWU vacancy website.
Incomplete applications and those submitted through any other platform will not be considered.
The University subscribes to and applies the principles of the Employment Equity Act and is committed to transformation. Preference will be given to candidates from the designated groups, in accordance with the principles of the aforementioned Act and NWU Employment Equity Plan.
The University reserves the right not to make an appointment. If you are not contacted within two months from the closing date of this advertisement, please accept that your application was unsuccessful. Communication will be limited to shortlisted candidates only.