1. Financial Planning and Budgeting
· Assist the OU manager with preparing and inputting the annual budget on the OU level.
· Assist the project manager in the OU with preparing project budgets, including the adherence to the NWU financial policy and guidelines.
2. Financial analysis, evaluation, reporting and control
· Compile the monthly variance report and discuss the OU’s financial results with OU managers.
· Compile the OU debtors report and assist with the sundry debtor's follow-up.
· Prepare and submit financial reports requested from external parties.
· Keep abreast of changes in NWU financial policies, guidelines and procedures.
· Fulfil the KFS Fiscal Officer role.
· Prepare the Credit note memos for sundry debtors.
· Confirm the availability of budget and cost when the OU manager wants to advertise a vacant position, appoint temporary staff, or pay ad hoc salaries.
· Assist in the monitoring of physical assets of OU.
· Assist the Accountant with the follow-up of financial/audit queries.
3. Financial administration and support
· Assist with initiating the following e-docs on KFS: GEC, TF, DI, and RJV.
· Assist with the initiating of sundry debtors’ invoices.
4. Ad hoc assignments
· Perform Financial Planning office administration.
· Ensure effective personal development.
· Assist with or prepare training material and assist with or present training workshops.
· Deliver other financial planning and management tasks from time to time in coordination with the relevant Senior Accountant or Faculty Manager of Financial Planning.
The annual total remuneration package will be commensurate with the level of appointment as advertised and in line with the NWU policy guidelines.
ENQUIRIES REGARDING JOB CONTENT MAY BE DIRECTED TO: Ms. Corene Flemming on 018 299 4942
ENQUIRIES REGARDING RECRUITMENT PROCESS MAY BE DIRECTED TO: Refiloe Khabo on 018 299 4799
CLOSING DATE: 02 December 2021
PLANNED COMMENCEMENT OF DUTIES: As soon as possible.
Kindly take note: applications must be submitted online through the official nwu vacancy website.
Incomplete applications and those submitted through any other platform will not be considered.
The University subscribes to and applies the Employment Equity (EE) Act principles and is committed to transformation. Preference will be given to candidates from the designated groups in accordance with the principles of the EE Act and NWU Employment Equity Plan.
The University reserves the right not to make an appointment. Communication will be limited to shortlisted candidates only.
If you are not contacted within two months from the closing date of this advertisement, please accept that your application was unsuccessful.