o PhD in Language Education or in equivalent field, for example Applied Linguistics (NQF Level 9)
o Professional qualification in language teaching methodologies / didactics (NQF Level 7)
o Completed postgraduate supervision and a record of research output
o Functional and subject related experience: Tertiary experience, primary and/or secondary teaching
ADDED ADVANTAGE & PREFERENCES:
· SACE Registration
KEY FUNCTIONAL/ TECHNICAL COMPETENCIES:
· Subject knowledge: English HL and/or FAL
· Teaching skills: Language Methodology and Didactics
· Assessment competencies
· Computer literate (Microsoft Office Suite)
· Supervision or co-supervision of postgraduate qualifications
KEY BEHAVIOURAL COMPETENCIES:
· High standard of work ethics
· Able to work individually as well as part of subject group (team)
· Ability to create own structures, adhere to deadlines and work in a self-directed manner.
The annual total remuneration package will be commensurate with the level of appointment as advertised and in line with the NWU policy guidelines.
CLOSING DATE: 18 October 2021
PLANNED COMMENCEMENT OF DUTIES: January 2022
Kindly take note: applications must be submitted online through the official NWU vacancy website.
Incomplete applications and those submitted through any other platform will not be considered.
The University subscribes to and applies the principles of Employment Equity (EE) Act and is committed to transformation. Preference will be given to candidates from the designated groups, in accordance with the principles of the EE Act and NWU Employment Equity Plan.
The University reserves the right not to make an appointment. Communication will be limited to shortlisted candidates only.
If you are not contacted within two months from the closing date of this advertisement, please accept that your application was unsuccessful.