PROFESSIONAL NURSE PRIMARY HEALTH CARE M000896
10 December 2021
Industry: Education & Training
Job category: University and Academy
Location: Mafikeng - Capital City
Remuneration: Market Related
EE position: No
NORTH-WEST UNIVERSITY (MAHIKENG CAMPUS) STUDENT LIFE: HEALTH CARE CENTRE VACANCY: PROFESSIONAL NURSE PRIMARY HEALTH CARE PEROMNES GRADE: P8 POSITION NUMBER: M000896
- Provision of PHC - provide quality patient care in line with PHC National Standard Treatment Guidelines.
- Sexual and reproductive health services - provide comprehensive sexual and reproductive health services in line with PHC National Standard Treatment Guidelines.
- Client care - provide care, professional opinion and referral of students seeking concessions in academic activities.
- Dispensing of medicine - prescribe and dispense medicines in accordance with the Medicine and Related Substance Control Act 101 of 1965, as amended.
- Administration - perform necessary administrative tasks as professionally required. Maintain and keep records pertaining to daily patient care.
- ·Infection control - monitor the implementation and compliance to universal precautions of infection control.
- Stock control - manage assets, supplies and consumables.
- Degree or Diploma in Nursing (R425) - General, Psychiatry, Community and Midwifery.
- Post Basic Qualification in Nursing (R48) - Clinical Nursing Science, Health Assessment, Treatment and Care.
- Certificate in Dispensing of Medicines. NB: successful candidates without the Dispensing Certificate would be required to acquire one within three (3) months of employment.
- PICT/VCT Training - Provider-initiated counselling and testing/Voluntary counselling and testing.
- NIMART Training - Nurse Initiated Management of Anti-Retroviral Initiation Therapy, care and support.
- Registration with the South African Nursing Council (SANC)
- 4 years’ provision of Primary Health Care
- 4 years’ dispensing of medicines.
ENQUIRIES: Mr. T Theletsane 018 389 2518
CLOSING DATE: 10 December 2021
COMMENCEMENT OF DUTIES: As soon as possible
TO APPLY: Please visit our website: www.nwu.ac.za/vacancies