PURPOSE OF THE POSITION:
· Responsible for planning, implementing and controlling activities to synthesise system components to create operational systems, products or services.
· Degree and/or Diploma and/or Certificate in Information Technology and/or 8 years Development experience
· 3 years’ experience in DevOps as an Engineer
· 5 years’ experience in DevOps as an Engineer
KEY FUNCTIONAL/ TECHNICAL COMPETENCIES:
· Experience in using the following products or technologies: Apache Kafka; Java; Python; PHPO; SQL; Microservices; Linux; Git; Ansible: Jenkins
KEY BEHAVIOURAL COMPETENCIES:
· Experience in or with a development team
· Written and verbal communication skills (English)
· Excellent problem-solving and forward- thinking skills
1. Systems integration and build:
o Plans and drives activities to develop organisational systems integration and build capabilities including automation and continuous integration
o Provides authoritative advice and guidance on any aspect of systems integration
2. Collaborate across functions:
o Identifies, evaluates and manage the adoption of tools, techniques and processes to create a robust integration framework
3. Leads integration
o Leads integration work in line with the agreed system and service design
4. Risk management:
o Assesses risks and takes preventative actions
o Measures and monitors applications of standards
6. Quality assurance
o Contributes to the development of organisational policies, standards and guidelines for systems integration
The annual total remuneration package will be commensurate with the level of appointment as advertised and in line with the NWU policy guidelines.
ENQUIRIES REGARDING JOB CONTENT MAY BE DIRECTED TO: Mr Eben van Zyl Tel: 018 299 4616
ENQUIRIES REGARDING RECRUITMENT PROCESS MAY BE DIRECTED TO: Mr Rabs Diratsage Tel: 018 299 4797
CLOSING DATE: 16 AUGUST 2022
PLANNED COMMENCEMENT OF DUTIES: ASOON AS POSSIBLE
Kindly take note: applications must be submitted online through the official nwu vacancy website.
Incomplete applications and those submitted through any other platform will not be considered.
The University subscribes to and applies the principles of Employment Equity (EE) Act and is committed to transformation. Preference will be given to candidates from the designated groups, in accordance with the principles of the EE Act and NWU Employment Equity Plan.
The University reserves the right not to make an appointment. Communication will be limited to shortlisted candidates only.
If you are not contacted within two months from the closing date of this advertisement, please accept that your application was unsuccessful.