TECHNICAL ASSISTANT PF01927
15 August 2022
Industry: Education & Training
Job category: University and Academy
Contract: Fixed Term Contract
EE position: Yes
NORTH-WEST UNIVERSITY LOCATION: POTCHEFSTROOM CAMPUS DIVISION: STUDENT LIFE DEPARTMENT: NWU ARTS POSITION NUMBER: PF01927 VACANCY: TECHNICAL ASSISTANT REPORTING TO: SECTION HEAD PEROMNES GRADE: P13 EMPLOYMENT TYPE: FIXED TERM
PURPOSE OF THE POSITION
The purpose of this position is for the Technical Assistant to assist in facilities management, sound and lighting, stage manager, camera operator etc.
1. Supervision of NWU Arts facilities
- Administrative and practical operation of various NWU Arts facilities.
2. Technical Assistant
- Practical technical operation within the NWU Sanlam Auditorium and Alabama Productions.
3. Occupational Health and Safety
- Assisting with OHS inspections and reports.
- Grade 12 (essential).
- 2 years’ technical operational experience/knowledge (desirable).
FUNCTIONAL & TECHNICAL COMPETENCIES:
- Basic Set-up & operation of sound and lighting and other technical equipment.
- Working knowledge of planning and scheduling.
- Problem solving
- Attention to detail
- Excellent Communication skills
- Results orientated
- Client service orientated
- Ethics and integrity
- Commitment to learning
The annual total remuneration package will be commensurate with the level of appointment as advertised and in line with the NWU policy guidelines.
ENQUIRIES REGARDING JOB CONTENT MAY BE DIRECTED TO : Glenn Cunniff Tel: 018 299 2840
CLOSING DATE : 15 August 2022
PLANNED COMMENCEMENT OF DUTIES : 01 September 2022
The University subscribes to and applies the principles of Employment Equity (EE) Act and is committed to transformation. Preference will be given to candidates from the designated groups, in accordance with the principles of the EE Act and NWU Employment Equity Plan.
The University reserves the right not to make an appointment. Communication will be limited to shortlisted candidates only.
If you are not contacted within two months from the closing date of this advertisement, please accept that your application was unsuccessful.