SENIOR ADMINISTRATIVE OFFICER (V000475)
16 October 2021
Industry: Education & Training
Job category: Office Support
Remuneration: MARKET RELATED
EE position: Yes
NORTH-WEST UNIVERSITY (VANDERBIJLPARK CAMPUS) FACULTY/ DIVISION: SALA – APPLICATION & ADMISSIONS POSITION NUMBER: V000475 VACANCY: SENIOR ADMINISTRATIVE OFFICER PEROMNES GRADE: P10 EMPLOYMENT TYPE: PERMANENT (RE-ADVERTISEMENT)
The purpose of the position is to oversee and coordinate the staff and the daily tasks, activities and outputs delivered in the Applications- and Admissions office on Vanderbijlpark Campus
1) Applications- and Admissions processes and staff co-ordination
- Overseeing and monitoring of the processes, outputs of the office and staff within the Applications- and Admissions Office
- Coordinate, report and follow up all aspects pertaining to VSS and other systems within the Applications- and Admissions Office
- Evaluating applications and admissions of relevant faculties when required and attending to faculty inquiries
- Apply very sound knowledge of rules, policies, statutory requirements pertinent to the application- and admission process of the NWU
2) Ad-hoc Directives
- Performing any ad hoc directives from the section head as may be required from time to time
- Matric/Grade 12 (Essential)
- Bachelor’s Degree or Advanced Diploma (NQF 7) (Essential)
- 3 Years’ experience in applications- and admissions processes and systems at Tertiary institutions (Essential)
- 3 Years’ experience of working in a University Environment and knowledge of university processes (Desirable)
KEY FUNCTIONAL/ TECHNICAL COMPETENCIES:
- In depth knowledge of the VSS System or another applications- and admissions system utilised by other tertiary institutions
- Excellent knowledge of application- and admission processes in a tertiary environment
- Well versed in utilisation of Microsoft Excel to generate data and interpret data
- Excellent knowledge of Statutory requirements pertaining to admissions and applications
KEY BEHAVIOURAL COMPETENCIES:
- Must be able to co-ordinate and manage departmental functions and staff
- Need strong leadership- and problem solving skills
- Requires good interpersonal- and communication skills
- Demonstration of language proficiency to function optimally in the multilingual environment of the NWU
The annual total remuneration package will be commensurate with the level of appointment as advertised and in line with the NWU policy guidelines.
ENQUIRIES REGARDING JOB CONTENT MAY BE DIRECTED TO : Lelanie Van Zyl on 016 910 3290
CLOSING DATE : 15 OCTOBER 2021
PLANNED COMMENCEMENT OF DUTIES : 01 DECEMBER 2021
Kindly take note: applications must be submitted online through the official nwu vacancy website.
Incomplete applications and those submitted through any other platform will not be considered.
The University subscribes to and applies the principles of Employment Equity (EE) Act and is committed to transformation.
Preference will be given to candidates from the designated groups, in accordance with the principles of the EE Act and NWU Employment Equity Plan. People with disabilities, Africans, Indians & Coloureds.
The University reserves the right not to make an appointment. Communication will be limited to shortlisted candidates only.
This is a re-advertisement, candidates who have previously applied do not need to apply.
If you are not contacted within two months from the closing date of this advertisement, please accept that your application was unsuccessful.